Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

My computer at work ran out of memory at the end of the day today, preventing me from doing the one thing I needed to do to leave -- even though every one of its other functions was working. Took a long time to figure out. Gremlins again? I got home at 8:20 feeling, uh, tired.... The guy who cuts my hair gave me a clipping the other day -- not just of my hair but of a story he cut out of some newspaper with a photo of yours truly reading one of my published micro fictions at an Art House open mic. Felt astonished, as I had never seen this article before. Apparently it came out months ago. Now it's on the refrigerator. Local fame.... Almost done "reading" Inherent Vice. First Pynchon novel I'm going to get through since The Crying of Lot 49, years ago. A feeling of accomplishment (even though I know it's only because it's blessedly short).... Saw a picture of Yoko Ono in the Times today. Reminded me that today is the sad day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?