Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Photo of the Week

bricked up

Just another brick in the wall. That's the way I feel sometimes.

When you click this photo (and you will, you will...), and then maybe click "All Sizes" at the top of it, you'll perhaps get an idea of the peculiar combination of fascination and unease that led me to snap this pic. Each brick is like one of the "little people", as they used to say in Hollyweird -- stuck in place, both supporting and dependent on all the others. Those bricked up windows are like the closed eyes of a closed mind, which reminds me of the willful ignorance that seems so prevalent in the body politic today. And the whole thing brings to mind the difficulty of communicating with certain brick walls I know.

A curator asked me today to submit this photo to the Art Pix group on Flickr. Sure. I guess it's art. But it's also journalism and a diary entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?