Thursday, November 08, 2012

Photo of the Week: TV R.I.P.

television

The picture tube era is over. Eventually, I believe, today's digital television and the Internet will merge. Already, you can watch TV on your computer and surf the web on your flat-screen. The death of the TV cabinet, especially, is at hand. So, when I came across this forlorn relic while out rambling one day, I decided to make a point. I went home for some paint, and then returned to elevate this sad carcass to symbolic status as a emblem of a bygone analog era. Television, R.I.P.

Actually, I just made that up. I had nothing to do with this display -- if that's what it is -- other than photographing it. I assume some graffiti artist was trying to make a point by turning this idiot box into the headstone for a dead technology. But who knows? It could have been labeled as part of an ESL program or by trash collectors so that it could be sorted and sent on its way to a Chinese landfill -- which is where a lot of old TV sets end up, I hear.

What do you think? Try a closer view. Be nimble, be quick, and click on the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?