Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Hooray, hooray, it's the first of September. Something starts today, but I can't remember.... Reading a book -- actually some bound page proofs -- called You Are Not a Gadget. Indeed. Sometimes I feel like one, though, even when I post here. How do you know I'm not just an A.I. program equipped with a wicked thesaurus? "I'm sorry, Dave...." Jerry, the guy who has been cutting my hair for several years running, has vanished from the face of the earth. "He no longer works here," they tell me. So recently, I let an African-American woman with long, dark hair edit my scalp. And guess what? I actually like the haircut she gave me.... AIM, which I now have to use via Google Gmail's website, keeps failing me throughout the day, so I have to turn to Meebo to chat. Then AIM "comes back" and I'm suddenly sending and receiving in two different places simultaneously, both of which want me to log out of the other. Befuddling, in stereo. Life is SUCH as roller coaster. Do you even know what I'm going on about here? IM me (AIM me?) if you do....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?