Thursday, July 17, 2003

Today is . . .

. . . Camilla Parker-Bowles's birthday. If you're reading this, Camilla, happy birthday!

. . . the feast day of St. Marina, protector of sleeping children . . . I wonder, if I prayed to her, if she'd tell me an easy way to get a 12-year-old boy who has no school tomorrow (or till September, actually) to go to sleep at a decent hour.

. . . the day, in 1998, when Tsar Nicholas II, the last of Romanov tsars, was buried in Russia 80 years after he and his family were executed by the Bolsheviks. Better late than never, I always say.

. . . the date the Beatles’ feature-length cartoon, Yellow Submarine, premiered at the London Pavilion in 1968. Do we really all live in a yellow submarine? Sometimes I wish. "Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo. So little time, so much to know." --Jeremy Boob

(A tip of the hat to Dr. Mac's cultural calendar for July 17.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?