Thursday, January 29, 2004

Last Night's Adventure

I am lost in an unknown city, wandering unfamiliar streets. I ask for directions at various shops and businesses, but no one can give me directions to where I want to go. (Where do I want to go? I don't know.)

I wander into a suburban section of the city and see an old couple sitting on the porch of a house. I ask them if there is a bus route nearby, where I could catch a bus to "somewhere." "No, there are no busses near here," they say.

I decide I should find a taxi and start wandering again. There's a main highway in the distance, and I decide to take a shortcut to it through an abandoned warehouse. (Smart, huh?)

It's dark inside, and there are many small rooms along a hallway. I realize that there are people lying in the rooms. It's a crack den.

I scramble out of there and begin to walk down a street lined with white, Victorian houses set back on green lawns. (It's summer.) For some reason, I decide to enter one of the houses, which is sitting atop a low hill. (Is it my destination? I'm not sure.) There's no furniture inside, but the house is immaculately clean. The walls are painted white. It's a very old house, and the floorboards creak. I go upstairs to look around. The ceilings are very low up there--I can hardly stand up.

There's a young girl around somewhere, but no other people in the house. She is walking around from room to room, and doesn't seem surprised or frightened by my presence. She tells me to go outside and look in the yard.

I go out to the side yard and see a small wooden house there, like a very large doll house or a child's playhouse. It's white, with a black roof and huge windows; it almost looks like a display case. It's taller than it is wide.

I can see that there is someone standing in the house, behind the windows. It's someone who looks just like me. I wonder if he's trapped inside, or if he wants to be there. And there the dream ends.

What does it mean, Dr. Jung?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?