Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day

"I first met him in 1970, at the Kentucky Derby. The editor of Scanlan magazine, which was named after a little-known Nottingham pig farmer, had seen my first book, Still Life With Raspberry, and concluded I was the guy to do this story with Hunter S Thompson, an ex-Hell's Angel who'd just shaved his head. On the way to the airport I lost my pens, pencils and inks. Luckily the editor's wife was a Revlon representative and she gave me a pack of lipsticks and rouges and whatnot. And that's what I used for the story, 'The Kentucky Derby is Depraved and Decadent.' "
--Ralph Steadman

More at Guardian Unlimited

I'm not a huge Hunter Thompson fan, but I read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when I was in college and remember laughing for hours. RIP.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?