Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photo of the Week

enigma

I like to photograph doors. There's always something mysterious about a closed door, this one more than most. I pass it every day on my way to the Journal Square PATH station, and I always think, What's the big secret?

I had a dream about this door once, in which I opened it and discovered a large, dark, empty room. There was a dead cat in the middle of the floor that looked like it had been disemboweled in a Santeria ceremony. It had a collar with an ID tag, and I remember thinking that I should try to find the owner...but I woke up at that point. It's just as well. I'm sure it would have turned into some sort of Freudian nightmare.

Maybe someday I'll work up the courage to turn that knob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?