Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Head Rattle

I.

Observed a total eclipse of the moon in the wee, aphotic hours of this day, the winter solstice. This cosmic convergence happens rarely; the previous coincidence of these celestial transpirations was in 1638. Still waiting for an epiphany.

II.

I sometimes think that if I could overcome the insumountable technical challenges and offer unique, avant-garde ringtones through this site, I would entertain thousands of visitors per day.

III.

Feeling shaggy, I let Rickie (of Rickie's) edit my scalp yesterday. A fine shearing, with Kate Bush trilling in the background instead of holiday Muzak. I'm sick of hearing about frightful weather, Jack Frost roasting on an open fire, turkey, mistletoe, and other...chestnuts. Humbug. And by the way, Johnny Christus probably popped out sometime in the spring or summer, if we're to take any of his nativity bio at face value. That is the season when shepherds are "tending their flocks by night". So a happy solstice and Saturnalia to you, pagans.

IV.

Is it just yours truly, or is every pedestrian, driver, cashier and politician (some exceptions) indulging a particularly nasty snit lately? I wish I could avoid the public sphere entirely until this annual "most wonderful time of the year" travail is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?