Friday, May 13, 2011

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Deaf: Still nearly deaf in one ear, due to some kind of obstruction. Ear drops are not working. Paging Dr. Cochlea.... I'm reminded of a line from one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books: "Again your ear can hear my dear." That's what I want to hear. I don't think it's a bird in my ear, though....

Almost nauseous: Just went on a long car trip with my wyfe. We share the driving, with the driver picking the music. And while she was at the wheel, she only wanted to listen to The Carpenters' greatest hits two-CD set. It was like drowning in a vat of honey. Karen Carpenter, may she rest in peace, had an amazing pop voice, but she seems to have sung nothing but ultra-commercial pap with Hollywood orchestrations. Why DO birds suddenly appear?

Silly: I wore that fedora again, while out walking the other day -- I don't know why. Strangers smiled at me. Were they laughing, or did they like the retro look?

~~~

Meanwhile....

So you want to be an audiobook author, publisher, narrator....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?