Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Head Rattle

I.

My ear is clogged up with something, so I can't hear in stereo at the moment. It's an odd feeling that puts me "in my head" even more than usual. I've lost any desire to listen to music and I have to keep asking people to repeat themselves. "Wut? Wut?"

II.

Bad Grapefruit:
When you get a wrong number, try to keep the caller talking for as long as possible. Ask what number they are calling and pretend to mishear the last digit. Ask them if they can spell it for you. If they ask to speak to someone specific, say, "Hold on. He'll [she'll] be with you in a minute. I just have to unlock the handcuffs. If they hang up, call them back if your phone will do that. Ask to speak to Bob. If the person says there's not Bob there, ask what they have done with Bob.

III.

I’m reading the new issue of Weird N.J., which this time has a lot of scary articles about people exploring underground tunnels and old, abandoned houses. Sometimes I think that sort of expedition would be fun, but then I realize I get the creeps just by going down into my own basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?