Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Exposed (bad): I sat across from a row of six Japanese tourists on the PATH train this evening, men and women of various ages -- a family, apparently -- and one of them had a video camera. He was shooting everything in sight, including me. They were all talking in Japanese and laughing. I just hope I don't end up on NHK TV as part of some kind of "Japan's Funniest Home Videos" ichiban. By the way, I don't think it's legal to use a camera on the PATH train without permission. No terrorist training films allowed, you know.

Exposed (good): ViewsHound has published my article about typographical errors: "Would you make a good 'manger'?" Perhaps this site will be a new venue for my literary persiflage, now that the local arts paper no longer solicits submissions from... local artists. I certainly have a lot of well-written crap I could send ViewsHound. I just wish they had a better name for their site. It sounds a bit like an e-commerce site for dog breeders.

~~~
Postscript: I received this week's "Bronze Award" (i.e., third prize) from ViewsHound's editors for my article -- twenty bucks via PayPal. I would rather have an actual bronze medal to wear around my neck, but I'll take it!

Post postscript: I just realized that I can now call myself an "award winning writer". Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?