Sunday, February 17, 2013

Word of the Day: ogganition

What's "the word I'm thinking of"? Today, it's....

oggannition (n)

(Also spelled ogganition.)

Snarling or growling.

"She snored so loudly that her roommates mistook the cacophony for oggannition."

Almost every time I walk past a neighbor's house, a tiny, ugly dog -- some kind of pug -- on a sill behind the front window goes into a paroxysm of ogganition, snarling and yapping at me while running back and forth and jumping up against the glass. I believe this little monster would tear me apart if it could only get at me. The poor creature is bored, I suspect, and wishes I would try to break in, so it could chomp on my leg. I just smile at Pugsley (my imagined name for him/her), which only accelerates the frenzy. Long after I've passed on by, I can still hear the conniption, with what I detect is an edge of disappointment in each yip and yap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?