Thursday, March 17, 2005

According to Google

According to Google

On St. Patrick's Day . . .

I'll think of good ol' Queen Boudicca and all those howling, painted Celtic warriors.
I was the very first girl on stage during the "spicy mchaggis jig."
I would put my 70-year-old mother up against any four 300-pound alcoholics.
I would not go out.
I was transformed into the leprechaun.
I went with Matt Alexander to Donegal Town to partake in their local celebration.
I become funny, witty, and unbelievably attractive, and possessed of great sexual magnetism.
I seek to remind America and the world of the debt we owe to the Irish people.
I would go to school wearing a green skirt, white blouse, a black bodice laced up the front and a green satin shamrock.
I experience hauora (total well-being).
I look forward to green beer and white grits.
I would wear a "Kiss me, I'm Irish" button.
I arranged to have a herpetologist from Berkeley come to talk to the kids about snakes.
I found myself wondering just how many of the people shuffling from bar to bar were really celebrating some guy's banishment of all the snakes out of Ireland back in an early century A.D., or how many of them even knew of the legend in the first place.
I'm black and green and not blue at all.
I'm going to shave my head again.
I was an Irish guy in Texas, of all places.
I received a transplant, from a living related donor, and my kidney is still working just fine.
I'm Irish.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?