Friday, April 02, 2010

Idle Chatter

bunnies

A: Easter is crap. How could somebody come back from the dead? That's crazy. That's superstition.

B: Oh, I don't know. I've come back from the dead a few times, I think.

A: Huh?

B: I've been there. Been down so far I thought I could never get up. I've seen the bottom.

A: Now you're getting all symbolic on me.

B: Metaphorical.

A: Whatever! You're talking about despair. I'm talking about dead. As in kickin it. Buying the farm. Deceased.

B: You're talking about the body. I'm talking about the mind.

A: Oh, well, I guess you've gone and come back a few times then.

B: Yeah, I lost it, you know. Lost my mind. Was lost and then found.

A: But that's not like being dead.

B: It's worse than being dead.

A: How would you know?

B: There's no such thing as "being" dead. If you're dead, you're not "being" at all.

A: Now you're playing games. Word games.

B: There are some things that words cannot express. Some experiences. You have to use metaphors.

A: So you don't think anybody can come back from the dead?

B: If they did, would you believe they were ever really dead?

A: No.

B: Well, there you are. No one comes back. They never really went.

A: It just seems like it.

B: On a certain level. In a certain way of looking at it.

A: No miracles then. No Easter.

B: Oh, I didn't say that. What's a miracle? You pull up a weed and another weed grows in its place.

A: But it's not the same weed.

B: That's it, isn't it? This idea that it has to be the same one. What does it mean to be the same? Am I the "same" person I was 10 years ago?

A: Similar.

B: But not the same.

A: No.

B: And what kind of person never changes?

A: A dead one.

B: Mmm hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?