Saturday, August 07, 2010

Photo of the Week: 'Broken Doll'

broken doll

Yeah, I'm a "broken doll" today -- feeling poorly, with a sore throat and cough. I took a three-hour nap (something I never do) and feel somewhat better now, but still not 100 percent.

I photographed this at the Bouckville Antique Show, which is coming up again later this month. I don't tend to buy much there, but it's a cornucopia of weird photo ops. Click the pic for a closer ick.

There's a whole wall of cough suppressants and related cold/flu-remedy items at the drug store. Reading the microscopic print on the labels, you find that most of them contain alcohol. I guess being a little tipsy makes you feel better? I wonder what AA thinks of all these nostrums.

Cough, cough, hack, hack....ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?