Monday, April 11, 2011

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

#9 Dreamy: It was actually balmy today, and sudden changes in the weather always make me feel woolly headed. I walked home from the train station earlier -- uphill most of the way -- observing sudden tulips and idling stoop-sitters and feeling like I was floating along in a cinematic reverie.

Confused: I woke up this morning to the sound of someone yammering in Japanese (or perhaps Chinese or Korean -- I'm not terribly familiar with Asian languages). I thought maybe I was still dreaming, since I've been thinking about Japan a lot recently, like everyone. Then I realized that the clock radio was on the wrong station. It was better, actually, than waking up to news about car accidents stalling traffic on the Triboro Bridge.

Magnetic: I think I project a kind of electromagnetic field that attracts any sort of ball that kids are playing with when I'm close by -- and I've got a slightly chipped tooth (from when I was a kid) to prove it. This personal magnetism entangled me, unwillingly, in a a sidewalk game of soccer over the weekend, bringing back memories of junior-high gym classes. Bad memories.

~~~

Meanwhile....

I want a Petite Lap Giraffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?