Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Word of the Day: nudiustertian

nudiustertian (adj)

Of or relating to the day before yesterday.

"What a nudiustertian getup might have been is not known, but one cannot be blamed for gentle musings that, even after 333 years, put one into a framistasian quidditude."
--Richard Merrifield, Monadnock Journal

The day before yesterday was...Sunday. I used to go to church on Sunday, but I'm too much of a heretic now. Sunday feels like the last day of the week, even though it is technically the first day. Sunday, traditionally, was a "day of rest", but that's actually Saturday for me -- the day I sort of collapse. On Sunday, I do my errands, my shopping, my scheming for the week ahead. I abhor Sunday, if only because of that horrible, intensifying feeling that the weekend to rapidly draining away. Oddly, I don't mind Mondays nearly as much.

~~~

Meanwhile....

S P Y

"It's a piece of garbage."
--Donald Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?