Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Word of the Day: carriwitchet

carriwitchet (n)

An absurd question, a pun, a quibble, a conundrum; a jocular or facetious comment.

"Without desiring to indulge in a mere carriwitchet, I suggest a preliminary pruning followed by a grafting operation. Cut out the words "as with peas" and in their place insert "as with Broad Beans and Runner Beans...."
--Gardeners' Chronicle

So this hydrogen atom walks into a bar. He goes up to the bartender and orders a beer. He says to the bartender, "I think I’ve lost an electron." The bartender says, "Are you sure?" The electron says, "Yes, I’m positive."

So this carton of yogurt walks into a bar. He goes up to the bartender and orders a beer. The bartender says, "Hey, buddy, we don't serve yogurt in here." The yogurt says, "Why not? I’m a cultured individual."

2 comments:

  1. Love the pun, and loved the joke even more! Cultured individual....ha....I just know I'll be laughing about that later today when I least expect it. Great post!

    www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Love that pun? I feel the same whey.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?