Monday, January 21, 2013

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Warm. Rode home on the train tonight with an acquaintance who was returning from today's Presidential Inauguration. He gushed about how inspiring it was, and I was jealous -- for about a minute. Then I thought about standing outdoors in a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd -- in 30-degree (-1 C) weather -- for five hours. There's always YouTube.

Shell-shocked. I live in a semi-detached townhouse, and the house next door, the one I'm attached to, is being renovated. It sounds like I'm sharing a wall with a bowling alley or a bumper-car ride. The workmen have also stationed an attractive Porta Potty out front.

Puzzled. Some people on LinkedIn -- ones I don't work with -- are "endorsing" me for skills I've never used for them (something anyone can do with just a click on LinkedIn these days). Gosh, thanks, but I'm wondering who they've been talking to about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?