Thursday, January 10, 2013

Head Rattle

I.
So glad I obtained a flu shot a couple of weeks ago, now that so many places are running out of the vaccine. I got it at my local Rite Aid at no cost,just by flashing my healthcare-insurance card and filling out a dumb form. It's that wonderful time of year when you can get stuck with a needle and shot up with dead viruses for free. And feel grateful for it.

II.
I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo, mainly because my wyfe is a big fan of a nighttime TV soap opera that is a contemporary retelling of it. Now I can say, "That was in the book!" It's from an era when even sailors and convicts spoke in flowery 19th-century cadences. Apparently, everybody took elocution lessons back then.

III.
Picked up some flotsam on the street tonight, a couple of blocks from my home: a garden ornament in the shape of a Grecian woman carrying a vase. It's made of plaster-covered concrete, or something, and weighed a TON. Someone had put it out with their trash, though it's in great shape. I just barely staggered home with it and couldn't get it much past the front door. This weekend, I'll display it in the back yard -- and probably skip a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?