Monday, March 04, 2013

Head Rattle

I.
It's interesting that when I'm reading my own book (a proof copy) on the PATH train, the ride seems to go much faster than when I'm reading someone else's.

II.
While hiking around in Central Park the other day, I passed a woman wearing a gold-sequined evening gown on one of the trails. This was at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. There's a story there somewhere.

III.
Today is National Grammar Day. I care not. That's because every day is grammar day, given what I do for a living. National Grammar Day is for those who don't know an appositive from a gerund. Right?

IV.
That news item about the sink hole that opened up under a house and swallowed a man while he was asleep in bed is the stuff of nightmares. The state of Florida, which is largely composed on porous limestone, is apparently like an unstable hunk of Swiss cheese. Think about that the next time you're wandering around the Magic Kingdom.

V.
Somebody gave me some gourmet Lamill coffee beans, brand name Black Velvet, today. They came all the way from Los Angeles, not a city especially known for caffeine consumption, although legendary coffee imbiber David Lynch lives there. Let's see what happens when I grind them up. If they taste as damn fine as they smell, I may need to track down more of this West Coast roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?