Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Much Ado about NOTHING

Magnetic Field

We must have had a windy winter. When I ventured out into my backyard for the first time in (what seems like) months last weekend, I found that it had been invaded by unidentified flying objects. By that, I mean -- not aliens or psy projections or whatever UFOs are -- but mysterious slabs of Styrofoam, anomalous aluminum beams, and large cardboard constructions of indeterminate purpose. It all has to do with the extensive remodeling job going on in the building next door, I assume. But our house is something of a magnet for flotsam and jetsam anyway. On the public sidewalk out front, I regularly find (and trash or recycle) things like other people's bank statements, children's apparel, expired lottery cards, postcards advertising salsa concerts, tiny "airline" liquor bottles, various sorts of food wrappers, and even, recently, a battered old analog TV set. Yes, I live in a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?