Sunday, March 20, 2011

Random Sequence

[random phrases worked into a story]

Infatuate Mightiness

John and A.J., two middle-aged, unemployed actors, sat at a bar, sipping Yeunglings. It was Valentine's Day, but neither had a Valentine.
"So what is it you're looking for, then?" John asked.
"In a woman?"
"No, in a robot! Yes, in a woman," John said. "Your ideal."
"Well, let's see... physically, I like an aphrodisiac blondness and a certain unaccented slightness," said A.J.
John rolled his eyes. "You've been reading the dictionary again," he said. "What the hell do you mean?"
"A blonde, to put it plainly. And one that doesn't look like a commodious flowerpot."
John choked a little on his beer as he snickered. "I shouldn't drink with poets," he said. "How about some nice cleavage, huh?"
"You are a caveman," said A.J. "But yes, I like a woman who dresses with a little exciting peekaboo."
"One that plays hard to get?"
"Nah, but not an overeager kisser -- not at first," said A.J. "And I don't like a woman who takes an odoriferous shortcut, if you know what I mean."
"No I don't," said John with a sigh.
"I don't like perfume," said A.J. "I'm looking for a certain wifely fluidity," he added after a long pause.
"What?"
"I mean, I want a woman who'll act like a wife when appropriate but more like a buddy at other times."
"Good luck."
"But I'll know her when I see her. And maybe I'll throw all those prerequisites out the window," said A.J. "My own... infatuate mightiness -- that's what I really want."
"I give up," said John, draining his beer. I'm going home to my dog. And my thesaurus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?