Sunday, February 05, 2012

Photo of the Week

storefront, "Lifestyle"

Habla Español? This is the little shop around the corner, a mysterious place that may not be what it seems. You never know what you'll find in there: a cabinet of curios, dusty antiques, the flotsam and jetsam of another time. That door is a gateway. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. I've been through it a few times, but I have only vague memories of what transpired: people talking backwards and strange music, I think. But beyond that, I don't recall. I don't even remember how long I lingered at Estilo de Vida, or how precisely I found my way out again. Have I found my way out again?

Actually, I just made that up. I have no idea what this place is, other than a colorful subject for a photo I snapped. It might be a shabby little dress shop, or a "social club", or a bookie joint. So give the pic a click for a closer view. Maybe you can figure out what the deal is.

1 comment:

What's on your mind?