Sunday, February 19, 2012

Word of the Day: vinculation

vinculation (n)

The act of tying or binding. (verb form: vinculate)

"Varis was too pale to blanch, but his lips thinned and a muscle worked in his jaw. He had always been the most vocal of the Arcanostoi against vinculation--the binding of spirits. He had seen firsthand what it was to have choices stolen, to be trapped in service. Kiril didn't think he was hypocrite enough to condemn the practice against spirits and condone it for humans."
--Amanda Downum, The Bone Palace

I prefer loafers, just so I don't have to vinculate my shoelaces, which always seem to come untied eventually, even when I double knot them. My brother-in-law avoids this problem -- he never ties his shoes; he walks around with them untied. I don't think I could do that without tripping.

~~~

Speaking of tripping, check this out, java imbibers:

signature cup

And this, fashionistas:

The 50 Most Ridiculous Outfits from New York Fashion Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?