Monday, March 23, 2009

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Just when I was feeling a little trippy anyway this evening, I found myself sitting across from a dwarf on the PATH train -- a happy dwarf, chatting with a young woman who looked like a 1960s Joan Baez. Felt like I was lucid dreaming.... Received several wrong-number calls on my cell today. Some guy kept calling me "John" and wanted to know if I was a "citizen of Canada." There was talking and laughter in the background. I finally stopped answering. When I looked at the "missed call" number on my phone, I decided to Google it. Turns out it was from someone at Smith Barney, a division of Citigroup. Yeah, they've got a lot to laugh about these days. Felt annoyed, vaguely.... I guess I'm supposed to be angry at mega-insurance breakerage AIG, which has now changed its name to AIU (which kind of sounds like IOU). Can't manage it, though. Too cynical....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?