Saturday, October 30, 2010

Photo of the Week

scary

Scared? No?? Click on it -- you will be. But at your own risk. I am not responsible for any resulting coronary or insanity that this photo of mine inspires.

Halloween landing on a Sunday this year means we have an entire three-day weekend of horror. Last night I was forced to don a costume (horrifying enough for introverted, inhibited me) and attend an outdoor Hobroken frightfest that featured a live band and a mini bonfire. I felt like I was at some ancient Druid bacchanal, especially since I was dressed as a wizard/idiot. That's my default costume, the one I wear every time I'm compelled to attend one of these Samhain soirees -- a blue "graduation" robe and a wizard hat, which is sort of like a black dunce cap festooned with silver "lame" (note double meaning) stars and moons. I also had a silver wand -- useful for clubbing anyone who said "bibbity bobbity boo" to me.

It's a very easy costume to put on and (poof!) take off, unlike my wyfe's "It's Raining Men" get up: a fright wig topped with an umbrella hat with Ken dolls hanging from it and various frou-frou accessories that kept falling off. Truly chilling.

We left the fright fete just in time. I later heard it was raided by the police.

We then attended the oh-so-bizarre Late-Night Curiosities show at the Art House, which featured the usual/unusual cast of oddballs doing that voodoo that they do.

Tonight it's a classy Poe reading/house party and something spooky going on in the Historic Jersey City and Harsimus Cemetery. Be very afraid. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?