Thursday, March 22, 2012

Photo of the Week

hoboken window

Here's the view from the rooftop solarium of my townhouse in what everyone calls "the ritzy part" of Jersey City Heights. That green building is the rear of the house belonging to my dear friend Wardpetra B. Hopficus, author of one of my favorite books, The Brotherhood of the Unraveling Cargo Pants. Sometimes we wave or shoot suction-cup-tipped arrows at each other's windows when we're bored.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a photo I snapped from a warehouse in Hoboken, New Jersey, last summer. Don't ask what I was doing in a Hoboken warehouse. Let's just say the space had been repurposed.

I'm thinking of making this, or a slice of it, my cover photo when that fascistic Book of Faces forces us all to accept their Timeline profile-page layout at the end of the month. This photo has a nice urban feel without being too gritty, don't you agree? It represents me well. You'll have to click on the photo to see it at full size and fully appreciate what I mean. Do it now. That's an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?