Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Relieved. We had our new central AC installed last weekend. Just in time: today is the first day of summer for us Northern Hemispherians, and it reached a decalescent 91 degrees (33 C) here today. "Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines..." (William Shakespeare)

Wondering. If maybe I could turn all the "Word of the Day" postings here (I have more than 300) into a little ebook. Hmmm....

Rooted. After three visits to the dentist -- excuse me, endodontist -- I'm finally done with my root canal. It wasn't really painful, just uncomfortable. Now I need to be crowned....

American. I found out today that French people like to give hugs when greeting. And people from the Mediterranean really do like to kiss cheeks when you meet them, even the men, though apparently a Hollywood-style air kiss is acceptable. I really prefer a handshake.

Amused. I'm reading David Foster Wallace's Consider the Lobster (on an e-reader purchased from... a tall warrior woman... and I'm finding his nonfiction prose (and attitude) most entertaining. Ebooks are not ideal for displaying footnotes, however. And Wallace, may he rest in peace, was very fond of footnotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?