Sunday, June 17, 2012

Photo of the Week

bar restaurant

Shhhh! This may look like the an abandoned storefront, or the diveiest rathskeller you've ever averted your eyes from, but it is actually the disguised entrance to Club Lambin, the secret, members-only salon and nightclub around the corner from me here in swanky Jersey City Heights. Inside, one finds smoked-glass walls, Buddhist-inspired cocktail stations surrounded by gilded mandalas, silent films projected on papyrus screens, and a red-curtained stage from which bluesy jazz musicians (and, perhaps, a Japanese chanteuse dressed as a cowgirl) emote and entertain. The 1950s-era banquettes are all equipped with stylish oxygen masks that dispense a flavored stream of pure "O", for a different kind of high. (No smoking allowed.)

Actually, I just made that up. This is my photo of an abandoned building that I pass on my way to the train station every morning. It's actually nothing more than a facade at this point, almost like a stage or film set, and looks like it might blow over in the next storm. I thought I would photograph it before it disappears forever, another victim of time's wrecking ball.

Click the photo for a closer look. Beauty is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?