Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Much Ado about NOTHING

teeth

Root Words

Today was my root canal ordeal, Part I. One of my back teeth, in which, according to Dr. _____, "the nerve has died", was power-drilled and "cleaned out". It actually wasn't painful, since most of my mouth, if not dead, at least felt that way thanks to the miracle of Novocaine or whatever endodontists use these days. The most disturbing thing was the high-pitched whine of the drill and the odd smell of my own pulverized tooth enamel. I have to go back for Part II in about a week so the tooth can be "filled up" with solder or concrete or something. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to take three Advils and two Tylenols every three hours and an antibiotic four times a day. So I'm not feeling any pain here. It's like I'm on the over-the-counter answer to morphine. Wheee....

I love how dentists like to fill up your mouth with apparatus and then start asking you questions, forcing you to grunt like a taciturn Neanderthal. This one, it turns out, is a fan of the company I work for and its products. I run into them in the strangest situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?