Thursday, February 03, 2011

Word of the Day: acephalia

acephalia (n)

The absence of a head.

"Whereas because the whirls of the disjunctive segment in its libidinal journey are singular, they do not make up a memory, because the segment is only ever where it is in an ungraspable time or tense, and because what has been journeyed 'previously' thus does not exist: acephalia, time of unconscious."
--Geoffrey Bennington, Lyotard: Writing the Event

"Consider if it is such a catastrophe to live without your head, or if it shouldn't be easier for you to go around since your body would be much lighter."
--Yoko Ono

I can't imagine what it would be like to live without a head. I kind of live in my head -- the curse or blessing of the introvert, depending on how you look at it. I do have a rich interior life that would be hard to give up.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the nattering jukebox of stuck records that is sometimes set to forte in my head.

~~~

Meanwhile....

The Nicolas Cage Matrix

(via Joe A.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?