Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Head Rattle: Let's Kick Some Ice

I.

"I will blanket the city in endless winter. First Gotham, and then the world."
--Mr. Freeze

The approaching superstorm (is this number three in about a month?) is set to lay down a thick encrustation of solidified H2O on top of the towering mounds of frozen crud around here. There may be blackouts too, if ice-coated tree limbs fall on power lines. And 50-50 there'll be some reason to suspend mass transit. Oh, well. I have candles, blankets, and a fake fireplace that runs on gas. I'll cocoon, maybe, instead of venturing out and breaking a leg on the shiny sidewalks. Smart? Ice sage.

II.

I signed up online today for a Vorizon eyePhone. Coincidentally, Joey [trousers], the well-known thespian who haunts my 9-to-? existence, was showing me his favorite ape today: a dictation program named Dragon that is both free! and works amazingly well on his eyePhone (upon which he made a lunch date as I watched, transfixed) -- obviating the need to use the touchscreen key-bored except for the very occasional type-O correction (for which the Dragon offers suggested alter natives). Cool. Cool like ice, but almost slip proof, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?