Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photo of the Week: Snow Queen

the snow queen

This is not my wyfe, or my sister. This is a mannequin I convinced to let me photograph her, though she actually required very little convincing. That's the great thing about mannequins -- they're always ready to pose for you, and they're very good at it. Rock steady, you might say.

Since winter is still -- alas -- with us, despite a one-day respite we had on Friday, I thought I'd share this manipulated pic with you, which I call "The Snow Queen". The original was snapped a few years ago at the Bouckeville Antiques Fair in upstate New York (near my point of origin), and then I made a negative version in some photo program. She resides in a folder on Flickr that I've christened Negative Attitude, along with some other psychomimetic reversals.

Click the pic, feel the chill, and feed your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?