Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Macho. I took advantage of today's preternaturally warm spring weather to make like a lumberjack: cutting down dead branches from the apple tree in the back yard and then sawing them up into sticks and twigs. Then I mowed the lawn, such as it is, for the first time this year. I thought I had left all such manly yard work behind me when I left the wilds of Upstate New York for life in the big city, but it seems to follow me wherever I go.

Puzzled. By this speculative Beatles album cover:

Beatles '68 cover

I'm wondering who put it together and why. It can't have been an early, rejected attempt at a "White Album" cover -- the Beatles would never have commissioned something so cheesy by 1968. Still, it's amusing... and interesting for the track list. What if the "White Album" had been a single, not a double, album? According to this cover image, the line-up would have eliminated the more idiosyncratic songs (which surely would have ended up later on solo albums).

Click the image for a closer, more readable view. And here is a rejected Revolver cover. I blogged about a more graphically interesting rejected "White Album" cover here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?