Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Head Rattle

I am not a witch. I am you.

~~~

Save your rain dance for a dry spell. But you don't need a tidal wave to turn a waterwheel.

~~~

I have an idea for a story (fiction) I want to write, which is a good thing after a dry spell, but there's a problem. I got the idea for it from someone else, and I can't post the story here, because...well, it's complicated, horribly complicated. So what will I do with it? The local arts paper has changed direction and isn't an option at this point. I can read it at the Art House, but if it isn't in print (either ink or online "print"), it doesn't seem real to me. I have to find a new venue. Maybe I'll leave flyers on windshields....

~~~

Ugh.... I've started "reading" the free newspapers they give away at the train station: A.M. and Metro. I put "reading" in quotation marks because these kindergarten-level fish-wrappers sort of implant themselves in your brain without any consciousness of reading. They make USA Today seem like The New York Review of Books. Perfect for imbibing on the rattletrap at the end of the workday, when I'm zonked. I need a birdcage. Justification....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?