Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Excited/nervous: I'm going to be traveling to London in about a week. This will be the first time I've been outside the US in several years -- not since I worked for a travel trade magazine that sent me on a European trip with a group of seed farmers who had won some seed-company contest. It wasn't fun. I had to take notes about everything for an article I was to write, and I had to hang out the whole time with, uh, seed farmers. This will be a pleasure trip with my wyfe, but there's a lot to think about and prepare for, such as the fact that our phones won't work there (we're getting global loaner phones from the big, bad V) and that the electricity is different, so we need adapters.... I don't think HM the Queen will be in town -- she spends her summers at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, I believe -- which is just as well, since my wyfe is convinced that she is a queen, and it might be like matter and antimatter colliding if they were to bump into each other. Then there's the little matter of this blog. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with my (almost) daily posting, and I don't have a guest blogger, but I'll do what I can to be your London correspondent for a while. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?